3.20.2010

Thrifting Adventures

I almost left the Salvation Army in freaking tears today...
 (Y IN THE WORLD R THEY SO EXPENSIVE?)

I spy with my Gucci Glasses... Possible Fabulous Additions to my home!
I spy with my Gucci Glasses....
Possible Prices to cause a SERIOUS Raid in the Common Wealths Salvation Army

First Up... I NEED NEED A COUCH!!!!
And I'm not afraid to pull out some fabric and A staple Gun and Get Busy!
But 199.99!!! R you kidding me?
ugh! rolling my eyes!
The shape of this couch..... Breaks my damn heart that I had to leave her behind!

DO YOU SEE THAT STAIN!?
WHO THE HELL IS PAYING 200.00 for this Dingy Couch
Nevertheless LOVED THE SHAPE!

LOVE THE ART DECO PIC
would've looked FABULOUS On my Art Wall
But 29.95
For a picture!!!!!?????

I got so disgusted with the prices I got tired of taking pics of the possibilities....
UNTIL!!!!!!
I FOUND MY LOVER!
And yes he was 24.95.. I didn't want to pay that much for him!
But if you knew how long I'd been stalking the net for him you would'nt be mad

Meet Luke!!!!
He's my LOVER... DON'T Tell my Husband
Giggles


8 comments:

One Cheap B*tch said...

I have to agree with you. Some of the thrift stores (Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.) can be a bit overpriced. I tend to think it's what city you live in because I've seen other bloggers getting stuff for $.99 cents whereas here (in NY) it would be more like $9.99.

What gives?

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

Girl yes... LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.... I am Convinced that there is a mass amount of drugs being distributed through the air vents lol Everyone's on something!!! Well, everyone but me CUZ IM NOT SPENDING 299 on grandmas used couch!

Decor I Adore said...

I've got the same thing going on at our local Goodwill. I'm glad there are a few mom and pop thrift stores popping up everywhere, they DO have better prices. I am in love with that first couch, so nice!
BTW we have the same stove ;)

Decor I Adore said...

looks a bit like ones you can find at room and board
http://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/subcategory/list.do?catalog=filter&category=flt_sofa&subcategory=view_all&menuCatalog=room&menuSubcategory=201198

ashlina {the decorista} said...

STOP IT!!!!!!
im dying for what you found.
where did you go? i need that david...
so jealous. and so proud of you girlie...
awesome job. well done.

XOXOXO

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

HEHE ASHLINA!!!! I went to the Salvation Army in Mannassas (Northern Virginia) on the way to visit my mom! Well worth the hour and a half drive!!! Thank you babe!!!!

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

Decor... HAHA girl Lucky U! this is my moms kitchen I'd die for that stove IT IS THE TRUTH!!!

Kate said...

I love those couches, apparently I need to come down to D.C. to shop, because I've yet to find anything like that here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails