6.05.2010

Brilliant Gold

I recently posted about my fabulous Louis Chair that was purchased at a Goodwill for 7.00! I decided that it will be my new office chair! I decided to paint the chair gold and uphoster it with the black and white fabric that I purchased a while back from fabric.com! I purchased Krylons Brilliant Gold SPray Paint from Walmart and got busy... WELL.. First, I didn't like the spray paint... it was more of a copper than an actual gold... This won't do... I flew to Family dollar to purchase the 24k spray paint that I normally use. (I wanted that vibrant gold!) It was hot as fish grease outside yesterday, I shake the can and start to go over the gold that was already there and look at what the hell happened.... It was everywhere! 

I panicked! so i grab a a wet paper towel and attempt to wipe it all and made it worse...
O M G... So off to home depot I went to purchase some paint stripper! (LOVE IT BTW)
I stripped the hell out of this chair lol and decided that the Kyrlon is not THAT bad....
I just couldn't risk going through this again..

and here she is with her first coat! two more to go.. some satin finisher and her material!



4 comments:

El'Aundra Dolce said...

So I saw you on "love maegan's" Blog. I wanted to invite you to follow my blog. I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle © " where I promote my followers. Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com
*Elle

###### said...

im excited..cant wait.

Unknown said...

ooh, that's turining out nice!!! I wanna see the fabric

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

Thanks dols :) My fabric came the other day! That will be tomorrows post :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails