9.17.2010

Put a Cork in it!

I've been on my Mid Century kick for quite some time now! Obsessed would be the appropriate term to use. It's no secret that the best places to shop vintage are your local thrift stores and because I'm a frequent visitor I'm almost NEVER disappointed.  I don't know whether the residents of Prince George's County Maryland have caught on or not (Apparently Not) but the peices I've been finding lately would send any designer or lover of all things fabulous,vintage and authentic in a frenzy.  The things people just give away... SMH Anyway... I visited one of my many favorite thrift stores in search of some cute, vintage,skirts, blouses and blazers to wear this fall and thought it wouldn't hurt to take a stroll down the furniture ailse just to LOOK (I don't need ANYMORE furniture!) And OH MY GOD! A cork lamp!!!! for 14.14  -25% for the membership (and uh yeah, I'm a member!).I saw one in homegoods a few months ago and loved it... but I was not about to pay 50.00 for it...Of course the 50.00 homegoods lamp isn't comparible to my newest find.. How does the saying go? "They Just Don't Make Them Like They Used To." I've heard mixed reviews about the cork lamps but I'm IN LOVE!




Please Excuse the poor quality of the pictures... I was so excited I just had to take a few flicks with my cell! But you get the point!






8 comments:

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

hell yeah that lamp is awesome best thing is it's vintage and adds texture to a room awesome find I've been contemplating corking my sofa table.

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Just ran across these cork lamps on Matters of Style too bad their sold.

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

sorry I'm a dumbass I forgot to include the link http://www.mosmarketplace.com/2010/09/pair-of-vintage-cork-brass-lamps.html

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I've been searching for a pair of cork lamps forever. Lucky you to find one in good shape.

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I've been searching for a pair of cork lamps forever. Lucky you to find one in good shape.

Unknown said...

that's a fun find! I think the folks in my area have caught on and having been raising the prices at my local thrift stores :(

Kellie Collis said...

Lovely lamp! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

###### said...

i love that lamp girl..great buy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails