9.29.2010

Upholstered Headboard Take 3

I had been itiching to DIY an upholstered headboard for our bedroom for quite sometime... Before I went back to work I finally did it... all i needed to do was add the nailhead trim for the finishing touches... Well.. after about two weeks I just wasn't feeling the velvet, choclate brown material because our room is mainly white and silver. (My husband talked me into purchasing it to match our rast night stands...and like a dumb ass, I listened lol) So back to hancock fabrics I went... this time with white on my mind (thanks to Kourtney and Khloe take Miami) I purchased a faux white leather fabric and took it home to add it to the already covered plywood. It was FABULOUS! Again all I needed was the nailhead trim and it wouldn't have been "IT!" I went away for the weekend and came back home to greet my hubby who was propped up against the headboard in our bed playing his XBOX . I leaned in to give him a kiss and to my damn dismay.... faded blue stains all on his side of the bed... I flew to the bathroom to grab the bleach, scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed and it still didn't come off... He thought it was funny.. I didn't! "If you know that your doorags fabric bleeds y in the world would u lean up against my headboard with it on?" His reply... "Noone told you to make a WHITE headboard... So back to the drawing board... I haven't been able to find any fabric that I was just completely smitten by in the stores so my only other option is to shop online... This time I'm going grey... I am in need of second opinion....Here are the fabrics that I'm leaning towards at the moment... Tell me what you think.



Medium Weight Linen Charcoal

OR



Rhino Outdoor Silver

with this nailhead trim












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been dying to make my own as well...I made a faux suede when I had my apartment, now I want a white one as well. But then I saw that Walmart sells the headboard covers alone. You dont have to buy the actual headboard. So ms lazy pants me is trying to decide which I'm gonna do and which would be cheaper.

Rae
www.blushblog.com

N @ Cheap Like a Birdie said...

I think I like the darker linen so there is a little more contrast between the nailhead.

Cheap Like A Birdie Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails