1.04.2011

Bringing Home Baby Pt. 2

Hi Dolls! I hope your weekend was as fulfilling as mine… As promised today is a continuation of Bringing Home Baby with a little spin!!!!
Iphone 003
This lovies is my other 40.00 purchase… Who wouldn’t pick this beauty up for 40.00?
mmmmmhmmmmmmm……..
Well…… She didn’t come home with me. One reason.
I had nowhere to put her …
Was I disappointed? No, not at all!
We’re in the process of purchasing our first home,  this gives me a challenge and something to look forward to!!!
So… I told the manager that the dresser wasn’t going home with me… and that I was sure I could find 40.00 worth of treasures to take its place…. She kindly agreed and an hour later I had a basket full of glory!!!!
 012
More Bowls!!! and the frame in the background is a hint to why I selected these…
013
Two Chairs…. Of course they’re getting painted… I thought they were kind of cool
and for 5.00 why not? As to what I’m going to do with them… Don’t know yet…
014
A pillow.. that my husband hates BTW…
016
Another dish that I plan to drop my necklaces in…
017
These are super cute!!! and I got every one they had… I plan to use them for giveaways… I know a lot of dolls who have been looking for cuteness to hold their rings and brooches in!!!

018
Milk glass
Now about the tarnish… After reading about the magic a little cleaner can do to some old neglected thrift store silver and brass on Centsastional Girl’s blog.. I’ll never pass up a platter or bowl again…

See for yourselves…..
before….
silver bowl before polish
after….
bowl after
use brasso
YEAH…. SHE DID THAT!!!
mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmm…..
and as for the dresser…….
003
I started her… and plan to finish dolling her up this weekend!

4 comments:

House of Brooke said...

did you really get that tarnish to shine! DaYuM! I need that solution and quick!
Love how you reCreate.......Good deal..

Diamonds Pearls and Crazy in the world of Barbie Jones said...

Girl that wasn't me I haven't tried it yet... that was all centsational girl! I love to thrift and turn my trash into treasure hunnie! Yessss and since i started doing that I have alot more to show for it (in the bank boo LOL)

Rashon Carraway said...

Now see, I wouldnt have the willpower to leave that in the store. However, when you have stuff in your home or have a bigger goal...like a HOUSE...youve got to restrain yourself.

And the things your replaced it with aint to shabby!

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

The Glam Lamb said...

i absolutely love that chair. cant wait to see what you do with the pair! congrats on the baby too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails