4.20.2011

Wait for it... Wait for it....

No my name is not Crocodile Dundee... I did feel like somewhat of a stalker though... Today dolls was a VERY GOOD DAY... One of my favorite days in fact... 1 being hump day! Yup the weeks almost over dammit! and 2. 50% off VIP Customer Day at value village thrift store. So before I get into the goods let me take you back to last week... During my one of my thrifting visits I came across 2 bamboo chairs... yes a pair or bamboo chairs.... In case you've been under a rock for the last few months let me school you on what a bamboo chair is...

Yup TWO of these...

Did I get them????!!!!
Sigh, NO
WHAT!? WHY BARBIE!?
Ummmm because the person who priced them was on drug, 19.00 for each chair..

Now for some of you, that may be a STEAL! For me that's highway robbery!
Maybe I'm spoiled but I've been blessed to be in an area where these rats know little to nothing about about mid century furniture and other very very sought after pieces such as this here bamboo chair.. so I typically don't spend alot of money on my items.. I think the most i've paid for a thrifted item was 40.00 and that's because I wanted it BBBAAAAAADDDDD! so newho, I didn't get it :( and It's been on my mind all week long. not to mention i keep running across blogs that have recently featured this chair. It's like they were taunting me. BITCHES! Well Back to Customer Appreciation day... I headed straight back to the furniture.... and guess what was smiling back at me! YES DOLLS My bamboo chair... Someone got hip and bought its mate.. Its all good because I only paid 9.00 for mine! anfd she will sit at my computer, so that my husband can stop kidnapping my vanity chair when he wants to stalk ebay.  And now to pick a color to paint her... O no worries I'll upload pics of her and the other furniture I managed to pack in the back of my truck :)
But for now... A little Inspiration... Now excuse me while I do my Georger Jefferson two step! 





Images via google

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, thrift stores have been TRIPPIN with thier prices, lol. Im hatin on your chair by the way.... ;)

House of Brooke said...

luv! it

that yellow w/black looks amazing.
I have a goodwill near us and they are so DERN HIGH! UUGGHHH..

I am like WE gave it to you all in the first place!!!

###### said...

Dallas really does suck...

Related Posts with Thumbnails