7.21.2011

Taking Chances

Sooooo.... I recently was laid off... AGAIN... DAMN DAMN DAMN! I enjoyed working for the company i was employed at but I can honsetly say that my feelings were more hurt because I now have 2 kids to care for and no life savings... What am I going to do??? How am I going to survive??? I know that with my background I can find a job NO PROBLEM and I've been dilegently looking but the question is DO I WANT TO? and honestly the answer is no... I did some soul searching and realized that I like many got stuck in a convenient position of being someones administrative assistant because I hadn't finished school and it put food on the table... Did I enjoy it? HELL NO! Y am I answering someone elses' phone, typing someone else's letter, mailing someone else's mail? You're fully capable! U DO IT DAMMIT! This is my 3rd time getting laid off and I'm OVER IT! I'm OVER working for someone else I'M OVER being expendable! Sooo I sat down and asked myself... "What do I really want to do?????" "What do I enjoy doing????" and then my thrifting pleasures popped into my head! I love thrifting, I love finiding vintage clothing, i love vintage home accessories, I love vintage furniture, it would only be right for me to open a vintage boutique!!!  Now, mind you I don't know the first thing about running a business or even starting one for that matter... and my direction may change 3 or 4 times before I actually put things into place but Life is about Taking Chances.... What do I have to lose??? I can be happy doing something that I love or be miserable settling for a paycheck...

5 comments:

BESOS LYNN said...

Good luck following your dream! Be brave and courageous and just go for it!
besos,lynn

Natalie said...

I totally get it!! You have to follow your heart. I am also an admin assistant, and I feel the same. Keep your eye on the prize, it's waiting..Speak it into existance!

Natalie

Rhonda Smith said...

Good Luck, follow your heart and everything else will fall into place.

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

No one take better care of your son then you staying home with him. And working from home
Good luck in whatever you do!

Abby said...

Im with it!!! I recently discovered I want to do something similar....give it a shot! Whats the worst that could happen?

Related Posts with Thumbnails